Using Michael Port's Book Yourself Solid 4-Part System

A few months back, I had the opportunity to participate in a call with Michael Port, author of Book Yourself Solid.

I like his 4-Part Sales Formula -- and recommend therapists use these principles in talks with prospective clients.

Question #1: What is your goal? What do you want out of therapy?
- Once you feel certain you know what they want to accomplish (and what their timeframe is), ask:

Question #2: How will you know when you've accomplished your goal? What results will you see? What feelings will you have?
- Once you feel like the prospective client has articulated these outcomes, ask:

Question #3: Would you like someone to help you accomplish this goal?
- If they say "No," wish them the best of luck and keep in touch with them.
- If they say, "Yes," then ask:

Question #4: Would you like that person to be me? Because, you know, you are my ideal client.
- When they say, "What do you mean?" respond with, "Because you are someone with whom I can do my best work, because you are ..." (and then list the qualities that make them who they are.)


For more information, read his book:


No comments:

Post a Comment