Why Online Directories Are A Smart Investment

Why should you advertise your private therapy practice in an online directory?

This is a question that I'm often asked by therapists. "Shouldn't I develop my own website and get clients to find me online where I'm not surrounded by all the other therapists who do what I do, or work where I work?"

Absolutely you should have your own website. And an online profile in a directory can help drive clients to your website. It can also spur calls to your practice directly, from clients who like your profile and need help immediately.

The second concern is the idea that if a client is looking for a therapist online, he or she will not choose YOU; instead, he or she will choose another therapist. That is a very real possibility, obviously. However, if you use the personal branding concepts I've talked about before on this blog (and wrote about in my book, "Therapist's Guide to Branding Yourself Online"), you'll attract the kinds of clients you most want to work with.

People often choose directories because of the variety they offer. You know you're going to get access to a range of service providers -- but there is bound to be one that feels like a fit. The Yellow Pages work because there are a lot of companies in there. It wouldn't be used as much if there were only 2 plumbers listed, or 1 attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment