Using LinkedIn to Cultivate Referral Sources

Using social networking to fill your private practice is a complex subject. It's filled with ethical issues and lots of decisions (should I have a presence on Twitter? My own Ning group?).

One social networking strategy I do recommend for therapists, however, is LinkedIn.

LinkedIn bills itself as "the world's largest professional network," with more than 70 million members worldwide. It connects you to business contacts and allows you to exchange knowledge, ideas, and referrals. Private practice therapists can use it to grow their business and get practice management advice.


Once you're on LinkedIn, however, the question is: "What do I do now?" I have the perfect book for you. It's called, appropriately, "I'm on LinkedIn. Now What?" by Jason Alba.

The first step, however, is signing up for an account.

No comments:

Post a Comment